Saturday, July 25, 2009

Numbness of the brain

Hi everyone. This is my first posting. I have thought long on what I should say but my brain is numb. Not so much because I have thought long and hard but more because of total inactivity. Sometimes it hurts to think about where the future of English to leading to amongst young learners. People say..."Hey Teach, don't think about it - just teach!" But really, how can one teach words not thought of. I know many English teachers tend to get demotivated. Who really cares about punctuating correctly, writing grammatically accurate sentences or even speaking coherently?
My question to all of you is this..."How can an English teacher afford to be demotivated? How can we rise up and tell our children at school that English is so much fun? How can we convince them that speaking English will not erode their cultural heritage?"
I know I sound distraught and fallen. I know....
I am going to sleep with those questions pounding mercilessly in my mind. Perhaps my muse will appear and inspire...perhaps not. But how can I give up on myself...uh?

No comments:

Post a Comment