Monday, November 22, 2010

Reflections Part 1

I know I have been gone for quite a while. Life's pretensions needed much attention! I decided that I have to start reflection on my deeds and thoughts of 2010. Much of these reflect on my accomplishments & failures as parent, teacher, woman and human. I have much to be proud of and as much to hang my head down in shame. I will begin as parent to 3 teenagers.
* I am proud of my firstborn, who has survived a year of medical school and begun her 2nd year of studies in faraway Poland. She strives hard to enhance her learning experience and still remembers to skype her mom ever so often. We are best friends, she & I! We talk about her friends, her trials as student and young woman, TV series, hot guys & movies. I am so full of love for her, my guv. She makes me beam with pride.
* My second gal is a joy. Never forgets to hit me with 'I love you mommy!'. She cooks delicious meals when I don't feel like being in the kitchen. She is hard at work, studying for her exams. And she is growing ever so pretty...and her smile lights up even the darkest corners.
*My son...always blaming everything on puberty & raging hormones. Cooped in his room with his computer, only venturing out for drink, food & to annoy his mommy (or so he believes) ;-)Now the tallest hunk in the family, he is cheeky and growing conscious of his looks.
I honestly cannot say if I am a good mom. God knows I try my best. I wish I could devote more time to them, instead of toiling so much on work. My mom used to say "Teach others and yours will learn"... however, I don't believe that anymore. I believe that in exerting my energy & time to teach at school, I have neglected my own. I need to work toward gaining a balance.
The next post will reflect on me as teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment