Monday, August 10, 2009

In sickness and in ...

Seriously not feeling too well lately. The downfall of being diabetic. On a 2 day medical leave, hence absent in school. Wonder if my students went 'YAHOOOOO!!!!' or did they lament that their English teacher was not there to ignite their brain cells.
Been thinking of what I could do to further spark their thinking skills. I would love to bring in songs and movie clips but sadly, facilities aren't available.
On a brighter note, my darling first-born got her official A-level results today.......straight As! Way to go girl! I am brimming with pride...hope my cuppeth don't runneth over! My second-born got a haircut today and she was practically hopping mad that I refused to tell her hair-dresser what to do with her hair...well, it is her hair and being almost 16 she should make up her mind. My third-born, my one and only son...hmmm...nothing much to say about him as I hardly get to see the lil guy. He's either too busy with his computer, books, TV or his phone calls. Yeap, phone calls... not from adoring gals (not that I know of yet!) but guys who need aid with their computers.
How these kids grow!
I miss my mom. Watching my own children and how they react to me remind me how much of a mother she was to me. So where ever you are Amma..........I hope you are proud of your grandchildren.
*Forgive the personal tone in my post today. After all a teacher is first and foremost a child, a sister, a wife, a mother. These roles define me. Pray to God I am all these to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment