Sunday, August 30, 2009

My guv is in Poland


Yeah, I call my daughter 'Guv'. In a way, she does govern my life. She has made me a far better person than I could ever hope to be. oh... my gal is the one in blazer n pants. The rest are her ex-schoolmates who so kindly dropped by to say sayonara to my gal.
I miss her so much I cannot bear to enter her room. I know I may sound overtly pompous but seeing her off to Poland as a JPA scholar knocks sense into me...that I must be a 'cool' mom.
AS mom and a teacher, I realise all we need to do is provide them a stable and love-filled home, educate them like there's nothing more vital, and just be there for them. Every hour they toil in study, we should be their 'rock', pat their backs, tousle their hair, make them a good cup of tea/coffee and just listen to them. She is my first PhD thesis for real, two more coming soon (I pray that be true!).
I know I had better stop my prattle...but what better reward could a mom and teacher get other than watching her child/learner realise her dreams.
To all the other 8 moms who had to let go of their babies that day on the 25 August...I salute you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment